Thursday, April 22, 2010

Travel Bible

This won’t surprise most of you, but I have a new plan. Yes another new plan. My brain is a scary place and I get some random ideas from time to time. Normally I suppress them, but I think I may give this one a try.

When I was creating DoF I knew I wanted to use a picture of my Bible in the header picture. There is a neat little cobblestone area by my work so just before sunset one night I loaded up my son and went off to take some pictures. I took a bunch of pictures I didn’t like, but eventually cropped one and made it work. I still like that it isn’t just a random image at the top of this site, but my actual Bible.

To this day when we drive past that little cobblestone area my son says, “Hey dad, that’s where your Bible was.” It makes me smile every time. Recently we drove by and I thought, “Hey, what if he thought that about everywhere we went? What if I made taking my Bible with me a priority?”

I want my family to know the importance I place on God’s Word. That said my new plan is make sure I take my Bible with me when we go places. As a tangible reminder, I plan to take pictures along our adventures. I would love to have a collection of pictures of my Bible on a camping trip, at a baseball game, at the top of Mt Lassen, etc. I haven’t yet decided if I’m allowing myself to use one of my smaller less expensive Bibles for certain trips or not. I’m really not sure I want my main Bible to travel with me as I kayak on Lake Tahoe. I’m also not sure I want to carry the big thing to 10,000ft… If I follow through, I’ll create an album and provide a link to the pictures here on DoF.

0 comments:

Welcome to DoF!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More