Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hosea - part 1

On Saturday while running into town to grab an oil filter I happened to come across a Ravi Zacharias message on the radio. I haven’t listened to Ravi in quite a while, but I was eating up ever word he said that evening. I even took the long way home and pulled one of me famous “sit in the driveway trying to hear the sermon through the static filled radio station.” I finally gave up with only minutes left in the message with hopes that I could find the message online later. I’m happy to pass along that I did find the sermon. 

It’s called The Prophet Marries a Prostitute. The synopsis says: "A penetrating look into the heart of a prophet betrayed by his wife. The analogy of a faithful God related to unfaithful people is the clear lesson. An in-depth look into one of man's greatest needs - the sense of belonging." 

I’ve never really studied Hosea and I really enjoyed what Ravi had to say. I know it will take longer then your usual few minutes here, but If you can work out an extra 26 minutes of quiet time I recommend you give it a listen and tell me what you think.

A free MP3 download or streaming Real Player can be found here: 

1 comments:

I like the part about 16 minutes in where Ravi explains how God hurts:

“When I say to you I love you… If you refuse to love me I will hurt. I will hurt because I have lost something. When God says He loves you and you refuse to love God; God hurts too. Not because God has lost something, but because you have lost something. God is never diminished. God is never made less than God by the absence or the presence of my response.”

Welcome to DoF!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More