Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is it really the Ark this time?

As you can imagine, I'm fascinated by things like the prospect of finding Noah's ark. I remember seeing some sort of a (T.V.) special when I was young claiming the Ark had been found, but access was restricted behind locked borders. I've been hooked on the conspiracy theories ever since. 
I've heard stories about the October 2008 visit (referenced in middle of the attached article), but I hadn't heard anything recently. I'm excited and not surprised to see more information is finally coming to light. I'll add more thoughts (and probably some questions) to this post later tonight, but I wanted to share the link my dad sent me this afternoon along with the words, "Hope it's true." You have to admit, whether it's true or not, just thinking about it is intriguing. More later... 

Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

I also found this one already leading the skeptical charge...  : ]

Noah's Ark found? Not so fast

  1:16 am  ... Okay.  I first want to add that I'm going to be skeptical until I get more information, but whether this is the Ark or not, and whether anyone ever even finds it, the truth is it's out there somewhere.  Maybe it's rotted away, been crushed or simply swallowed up.  For me it doesn't even matter.  I love sci-fi and history.  Since building a time machine isn't really an option, archeology, whether in museums or at historical sites, can really bring antiquity to life for me.  

Wherever these new pictures came from, and whatever they may be of (could be the Ark?!),  when I look at them the Bible comes to life just a little bit more.  For me they serve as a visual reminder that the Bible isn't just a great novel, but a historical book of actual events, locations, things and people.  

Do you believe that the Ark (Noah's, not the Ark of the Covenant) has been found? 

What significant ramifications do you think are involved if the Ark is ever found?

0 comments:

Welcome to DoF!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More