Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weak

Through our lack of prayer, modern Christianity (as a whole) has lost its spiritual power. We’re too affluent and apathetic. I think we might need to ask God to experience a little more suffering in our lives since that's often the only way we’re driven to our knees to connect to our power source. We (especially I) need to become much more disciplined in seeking after the Lord in prayer. I think we need a perspective adjustment.

2 comments:

I know this to be too true...and I while I dread the though of suffering (especially if it involves my kiddos) I know that this is how GOD works and makes us stronger and transformed to HIS image.
So I can't quite pray, yet, to experience suffering...but I'm working on the desire.

I completely agree. I too am guilty of a weak prayer life. However I am working on improving my time with God.

I completely agree with Sbyllek!!!! I dread suffering when the kids are involved however I know that Gods glory shines through those dark skies. I just pray that God doesn't test me with such an event.

Welcome to DoF!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More