One of my goals recently has been to improve my prayer life. On one hand I’m happy to share that I've experienced tremendous improvement over the last week. On the other hand I feel I need to remind us all to be careful what we ask for. I’ve been asking God to help me in the area of prayer and last week I got my help. Throughout the week, almost as if on key, friends and coworkers started bombarding me with prayer requests. Simultaneously, prayer needs in my on relational circle began to present themselves as well. I wanted to pray and suddenly I had acquired a substantial list.
Interestingly enough though, my desire was to focus was on prayer, but I’m realizing that my growth is coming through the avenue of compassion. Many of the needs that found my ear over the last week have been intensely serious. It has been a burden and a blessing to share in the pain and support these friends and family. My heart has been repeatedly broken this week. I hurt for those involved and through that pain and compassion I’ve been motivated to help in the only way I often can. I’m driven to prayer to intercede for those I love and those I may or may not even know.
Unfortunately compassion has been another area of opportunity for me for awhile. Fortunately this week I’m finding that I'm not motivated to pray out of guilt or commitment (I said I would pray), but out of empathy and love. I’m excited, amazed (though I shouldn’t be), grateful and humbled that God knows my heart and my needs even better than I do and He will not only help strengthen me not only where I seek the help, but also where I need help. Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness... Forgive me for my failings and please continue to replace my heart with Yours!



0 comments:
Post a Comment