Welcome to Disciplines of Faith.
Why a blog you may ask? Several reasons: I love God’s Word, I have a strong desire to study and teach the Bible, and I feel a sense of responsibility to support and challenge my friends and family in their Christian walk. Unfortunately with many of these friends and family members scattered around the state and country, there is no way I can have a Bible study with everyone I would want to invite. I determined that for now a blog is my next best alternative. My burden and passion is to equip and encourage fellow Believers to take their faith in Christ seriously, and help them mature along their path of sanctification. I want to assist as we all strive toward greater understanding of, and obedience to God’s Word. Hopefully Disciplines of Faith will be a channel that allows me to fulfill some of these goals. I pray that many of you will bookmark this site, check back weekly, and benefit from your time here.
I feel compelled to study and write these lessons even if Alethea (my wife), my Mom, and friend Walter are the only three that ever actually read them. Please know that I’m not just throwing articles together on a whim but I do go through a process of study and writing to try and present the most concise and accurate information I can. I have also enlisted a few trusted friends to help keep me accountable and keep me from error, both Biblical and grammatical. If I can convey a quarter of what I learn in my preparation process I’ll be happy.
My goal is to have at minimum, a post every Friday with an occasional brief thought or encouragement randomly posted from time to time. My first “lesson post” will be on October 31st. Please feel free to provide me with some feedback, make a comment, or ask me questions. I’d love it if some of you will even suggest topics or verses you’d like me to study and post on in the future.
His Slave to Righteousness,
- Tyler Wess



1 comments:
Congratulations on getting your blog up and running. It will be alot of work maintaining a steady blog schedule, but hopefully your diligence will provide a modern day tech-savvy resource for those seeking biblical insight and Godly perspective in a morally degraded world. My prayers are with you.
Post a Comment