Saturday, February 27, 2010

Too Busy to Pray? - 2


So I finally read the Too Busy Not to Pray book last week. I wasn’t overly impressed. Hybles had a few good one-liners, and a couple of entertaining stories, but overall it was mostly a testimony of his path of learning to pray. It was more of a “this is how I did/do it” than a “this is a biblical model.” The book probably did have more substance than I’d expected, but wasn’t overly challenging.

He stressed greatly the need to journal, more specifically; the need to journal your daily activities and thoughts and to write out your prayers. Perhaps God still hasn’t finished impressing this need on me yet, but to me journaling sure seems like more of a style and personal preference thing than a mandate. I just can’t wrap my head around the need for quite yet.

Do/did any of you journal?

- Tyler

0 comments:

Welcome to DoF!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More