Thursday, January 14, 2010

Too Busy to Pray?

10 years ago I bought a Bill Hybels book called, Too Busy Not to Pray. I still haven't read it. I just found a bookmark on page 41 and the irony is not lost on me. Though I wish I could claim that if I spent less time praying I'd have more time to read, that simply isn't the case. The truth is I don't read or pray nearly as much as I should.

I can't say I'm one for January resolutions, but I have been feeling a burden to prioritize my time in prayer. I'm as guilty as the next person of falling asleep in godly prayer (hey, don't judge me, I put myself to sleep even faster when I try to practice guitar), but I'm sure that has something to do with when I usually attempt to have my prayer time. With a young family that includes 2 little kids and special work schedules I tend to make my valiant efforts at prayer between 1 and 2 in the morning. Those that know me also know I don't require a lot of sleep, but I've recently discovered that the hour before I do go to bed isn't exactly my most productive hour.

I'm planning an attempt at improving my prayer life. I typically disagree with much of what Hybels has to say, but if nothing else, curiosity is driving me to try and tackle the little 180 page book and see if he may have any insightful nuggets I can glean. If anyone has any feedback on the book or suggestions and advice to share regarding your prayer time I'd love to hear them!

- Tyler

1 comments:

Its nice to know that you are normal :) I love You!!!

Welcome to DoF!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More